Środa Narrow Gauge Railway
Środa Key Facts
- Gauge: 750mm
- Operating Length: 14km
- Status: Operating
Trains are suspended in 2015, due to the withdrawal of the operator, and the lack of any operational locomotive. The diesel-hauled trains which operated in 2014 (using a hired-in Lxd2 diesel from Gniezno) were not very successful with passenger numbers well down on the previous years' steam-hauled trains. A new operating arrangement is being developed for a hopeful resumption of tourist trains in 2016.
Środa Wąsk. station and locomotive shed will be open for Museum Night on Saturday 16 May, with tours every 30 minutes from 18:00 to 21:00. Event poster.
- Średzka Kolej Powiatowa - Official website
- Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Kolejki Średzkiej - Bana - Society of Friends of the Środa Railway - Bana
- Średzka Kolej Wąskotorowa - Środa Railway Association
- The Środa narrow gauge railway on Railmap by Jarosław Woźny
- Koleje wąskotorowe w Polsce (www.koleje.wask.pl) by Krzysztof Zientara
- Polish Narrow Gauge Railways (www.cleeve.com) by Andrew Goodwin, Stephen Goodwin and Dave Meller
- Marcin Braszak's incredibly detailed enthusiast webpage
- Adam Kunz's enthusiast site