Jędrzejów Narrow Gauge Railway
Jędrzejów Key Facts
- Gauge: 750mm
- Operating Length: 30km
- Status: Operating
In summer 2015, trains will run from Jędrzejów to Pinczów on 1 May and every Sunday from 3 May to 27 September. As well as the stop in Pinczów, the return journey also includes a stop at Umianowice for an ognisko (bonfire for cooking sausages), music and (optional!) dancing. The additional train from Pinczów to Umianowice and return shown in italics in the timetable only runs if at least 15 people request and pay for it.
On Saturday 4 July 2015, a special event was held at Pinczów station. Steam locomotive Px48-1724 was on static display, there were cycle draisine rides in the station area, and a special train ran from Pinczów to Umianowice at 14:00, returning at 16:00. See also the event poster.
Full list of stations: Jędrzejów Wąsk, Jasionna, Motkowice, Umianowice, Pinczów.
Runs on 1 May and Sundays
3 May – 27 September
(Note 1: The train in italics
only runs if 15 people request it)
- Świętokrzyska Kolejka Dojazdowa "Ciuchcia Expres Ponidzie" - Official website
- The Jędrzejów narrow gauge railway on Railmap by Jarosław Woźny
- Koleje wąskotorowe w Polsce (www.koleje.wask.pl) by Krzysztof Zientara
- Polish Narrow Gauge Railways (www.cleeve.com) by Andrew Goodwin, Stephen Goodwin and Dave Meller
- Behind the Water Tower blog - Jędrzejów Posts:
- Autumn at Jedrzejow, 11 October 2010
- A Return Journey – Part 13, 28 January 2012
YouTube Videos of Jędrzejów:
The Holy Cross narrow gauge railway in 1974