Ełk Narrow Gauge Railway
Ełk Key Facts
- Gauge: 750mm
- Operating Length: 16km
- Total Length: 48km
- Status: Operating
In 2015, tourist trains will run from Ełk to Sypitki on 1 and 2 May, 1 June, Saturdays 6, 13 and 20 June, and every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 27 June to 30 August.
On 12 and 26 July, and 9 and 29 August, an optional extra is a kayak trip from Sypitki to Stacze and return by road, for an additional fare of 45zł per person. The kayak trip will only run if requested by a minimum of 10 people. If the kayak trip goes ahead, the return train from Sypitki to Ełk will run 1 hour later on these dates.
The Ełk railway museum is open daily 8am - 3pm May to September, and Monday to Friday 8am - 3pm the rest of the year.
Runs on 1, 2 May,
1, 6, 13, 20 June,
Tuesdays, ThursdaysSaturdays and Sundays
27 June – 30 August
- Ełka Kolej Wąskotorowa – New website
- The Ełk narrow gauge railway on Railmap by Jarosław Woźny
- Koleje wąskotorowe w Polsce (www.koleje.wask.pl) by Krzysztof Zientara
- Polish Narrow Gauge Railways (www.cleeve.com) by Andrew Goodwin, Stephen Goodwin and Dave Meller
- Behind the Water Tower blog - Ełk Posts:
- 1 million PLN investment for Elk Railway , 16 September 2010