Zbiersk Narrow Gauge Railway
Zbiersk Key Facts
- Gauge: 750mm
- Operating Length: 24km
- Total Length: 69km
- Status: Operating
On Saturday 16 May 2015 the Zbiersk narrow gauge railway will take part in Museum Night with trains between Zbiersk and Petryki. Trains will depart Zbiersk at 17:00, 18:00, 19:00 and 20:00. Trains will depart Petryki at 17:30, 18:30, 19:30 and 20:30 (poster). There will also be a model railway exhibition in Zbiersk.
The Zbiersk narrow gauge railway (Kalisz District Railway) is normally freight-only but passenger charters are available and occasional public trains run. In summer 2014, regular tourist trains ran for the first time.
Timetables for summer 2015 have not yet been announced.
In 2014, trains ran daily from 1 to 20 July and on Saturdays and Sundays from 26 July to 31 August.
- SKPL (Shortlines.pl) - Operator of the line
- The Zbiersk narrow gauge railway on Railmap
- Koleje wąskotorowe w Polsce (www.koleje.wask.pl) by Krzysztof Zientara
- Polish Narrow Gauge Railways (www.cleeve.com) by Andrew Goodwin, Stephen Goodwin and Dave Meller
- The Zbiersk narrow gauge railway on YouTube: Video 1 - Video 2 - Video 3
- Behind the Water Tower blog - Zbiersk Posts:
- Now KKD threatened by 'rain tax', 19 November 2008
- KKD will join in Wolsztyn festivities, 3 January 2009
- Last train of 2009 on Kalisz Narrow Gauge railway, 31 December 2009
- A return journey – part 6, by Robert Hall - 11 August 2010
- Zbiersk – Opatowek special, 5 October 2010
- Kalisz narrow gauge railway, 15 November 2011
- Kalisz trip report, 5 December 2011