Śmigiel Narrow Gauge Railway
Trains ran on the following days in 2015:
- Sunday 24 May
- Sunday 5 July - CANCELLED
- Saturday 18 July
- Sunday 9 August
- Saturday 29 August
- Departures from Śmigiel to Stare Bojanowo at 15:00, 16:00, 17:00 and 18:00 using the railbus MBxd2-222. 40 minute round trip. Fare 10zł.
- Sunday 20 September: 115th Anniversary Train
- Wednesday 11 November: Independence Day
- Departures from Śmigiel to Stare Bojanowo at 13:00 (MBxd2-222), 14:00 (Lxd2-241 and MBxd2-226), 15:00 (WMC-020) and 16:00 (MBxd2-226).
Trains ran on the following days in 2014:
- Market day trains every Wednesday during April (2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 April) from Stare Bojanowo to Bielawy (see full timetable below or timetable poster).
- Saturday 3 May - Draisine competition.
- Saturday 28 June - "Train for the Holidays" (event poster).
- Departure from Stare Bojanowo at 10:50 (awaits connections from Poznań and Leszno).
- Train (hauled by diesel locomotive Lxd2-241) Stare Bojanowo - Bielawy - Stare Bojanowo with photo stops.
- Ognisko (bonfire for cooking sausages) at Bielawy.
- Tour of the station and workshops at Śmigiel.
- Return to Stare Bojanowo at 16:30.
- Saturday 28 June - Evening train and bonfire.
- Departure from Śmigiel to Żegrówko at 16:00. Train composition: diesel locomotive, closed coach, open sided coach, bicycle van.
- Arrival in Żegrówko 16:30 and ognisko (bonfire for cooking sausages).
- Return to Śmigiel at around 19:00. More details.
- Saturday 30 August - Draisine competition.
- Saturday 20 September - "Train to the animals and the cinema".
- Tuesday 11 November - Autumn train.
The station building at Wielichowo has been repaired and the track in front of it restored (photo gallery), offering hope that trains may start running the full length of the line again soon.
Runs on Wednesdays in April
Tourist trains ran on the following days in 2013:
- Saturday 2 February - Winter Special
- Winter special , including a train to Stare Bojanowo with the snowplough, and the first train on the newly-opened 1.8km-long extension to Żegrowo.
- 11:00 Stare Bojanowo - Śmigiel
- 12:00 Śmigiel - Stare Bojanowo - Śmigiel with photo stops, snowplough + Lxd2-241 + coaches
- 14:00 Śmigiel - Żegrowo - Śmigiel with photo stops, MBxd2-226 railbus
- 15:10 Śmigiel - Stare Bojanowo
- Saturday 15 June - Spring journey with photo stops - CANCELLED
- Saturday 22 June - Evening ride
- 17:00 Śmigiel - Żegrówko
- Ognisko (bonfire for cooking sausages) in Żegrówko
- 22:00 Żegrówko - Śmigiel
- Saturday 20 July - Summer journey with photo stops
- 10:00 Stare Bojanowo - Śmigiel with photo stops, WMC-020 draisine + open wagon with seats
- 11:30 Śmigiel - Bielawy - Śmigiel with photo stops, diesel locomotive + coaches
- 14:45 Śmigiel - Stare Bojanowo (arrival 15:00), WMC-020 draisine + open wagon with seats
- Saturday 10 August - Train journey combined with an outdoor game
- Train from Śmigiel to Żegrówko at 16:00
- Outdoor games organised by Śmigiel scouts
- Sunday 15 September
- Monday 11 November (Independence Day) - Autumn journey and four seasons photo exhibition (poster)
- 10:30 - 11:30 Śmigiel - Stare Bojanowo - Śmigiel with photo stops, MBxd2 railbus
- 11:40 - 12:30 Guided tour of the depot and dispatcher's office
- 12:40 - 14:00 Śmigiel - Bielawy - Śmigiel with photo stops, Lxd2 locomotive, coach and brake van
Tourist trains ran on the following days in 2012:
- Thursday 3 May
- Trains from Śmigiel to Stare Bojanowo every 40 minutes from 14:00 to 17:00. Special photographic train departure at 15:40.
- Saturday 26 May - Śmigiel Days
- Trains from Śmigiel to Stare Bojanowo at 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 and 17:00.
- Sunday 27 May - Mother's Day
- Sunday 3 June - Children's Day
- Saturday 14 July
- Saturday 21 July - an evening train with ognisko in Robaczyn
- Departure from Śmigiel at 18:00
- Train ride from Śmigiel to Stare Bojanowo and return
- Ognisko (bonfire for cooking sausages) in Robaczyn from 18:45 to 21:30
- Return to Śmigiel at 22:20
- Sunday 16 September - Śmigiel railway anniversary (free event)
- Trains from Śmigiel to Stare Bojanowo at 15:00, 16:00 and 17:00.
- Sunday 11 November
- 10:00 Śmigiel - Stare Bojanowo - Śmigiel with photo stops, Lxd2-241 + coaches, fare 10zł
- 12:00 Śmigiel - Nowa Wieś - Śmigiel with photo stops, MBxd2-226 railbus, fare 10zł
- 13:00 Śmigiel - Stare Bojanowo - Śmigiel (no photo stops), Lxd2-241 + coaches, fare 5zł
- 14:00 Śmigiel - Nowa Wieś - Śmigiel (no photo stops), MBxd2-226 railbus, fare 5zł
On 7 February 2011 a special train ran from Stare Bojanowo to Śmigiel for a charter group from the UK, using railbus MBxd2-226.
The Śmigiel railway was without an operator for most of 2011, until a new local authority-owned operator was created towards the end of the year.
SKPL ran a regular public transport service of passenger trains and freight until 31 December 2010, when SKPL withdrew from operating the service due to a financial dispute with the Śmigiel local government, particularly the decision of the council to charge SPKL property tax, which led to a significant operating loss for the year.