Stargard Narrow Gauge Railway
Stargard Key Facts
- Gauge: 1000mm
- Operating Length: 0km
- Total Length: 83km
- Status: Closed
A new photo gallery shows the remarkably good state of Dobra Nowagardzkie locomotive shed, 12 years after the end of PKP narrow gauge services on the line.
On Sunday 23 June 2013, the third Stargard draisine meeting took place at Stargard Szczeciński narrow gauge railway station from 10:00 to 16:00 (photos).
The Stargard Szczeciński to Dobra Nowagardzka narrow gauge railway closed in 2001. A new cycle path has been built alongside part of the railway close to Stargard, and a few kilometres of track have been stolen, but most remains in place.
Romanian railbus MBxd2-307, diesel locomotive Lxd2-476 and a Romanian coach were moved from Dobra shed to Koszalin in 2008 and 2009.
In 2009 Dobra Nowagardzka municipality took over the railway property within their municipality borders and have mentioned the possibility of running tourist trains on the 5km stretch to Dobropole (see article - in Polish) if an investor can be found to finance repair of the line. A tender has been placed for essential repairs to the dilapidated station building at Dobra.
A plan by Kolej Bałtycka S.A. to reopen the Stargard to Małkocin section of the narrow gauge railway for unpowered draisines (rail cycling), got as far as constructing two prototype draisines in 2012, but the plan has now fallen through.
- The Stargard narrow gauge railway on Railmap by Jarosław Woźny
- Network map on Wikipedia
- Detailed map showing standard and narrow gauge railways around Stargard
- Koleje wąskotorowe w Polsce (www.koleje.wask.pl) by Krzysztof Zientara
- Tabor wąskotorowe w Polsce (www.tabor.wask.pl) by Paweł Cieślar
- Polish Narrow Gauge Railways (www.cleeve.com) by Andrew Goodwin, Stephen Goodwin and Dave Meller
- Stargard Junction by Łukasz Wójcik
- Eisenbahnen-in-Pommern (Railways in Pommerania) - by Peter Wilhelm
- Stargard to Dobra: Photos 1997-2000 - The last train, 9 June 2001
- Stara Dąbrowa to Trąbki
- Dobra – Resko special train 13 October 2001
- Other closed sections of the network
- Behind the Water Tower blog - Stargard Posts:
- Faint stirrings in Dobra Nowogardzka, 1 February 2010